Ever Since it was started in 2004 by two installers, the Netherlands based ESDEC has carved a unique niche for itself, focusing on the rooftop solar segment with their mounting systems. The firm has been in the news recently for its acquisition led strategy, especially in the US market with a focus on the US and Europe till recently, ESDEC has finally come to India, in collaboration with the renewables products focused SRPL Group, which is based in Mumbai.
What Stijn Vos, CEO, ESDEC, speaks on their India plans: –
- Where does ESDEC Stand today in terms of global share, total employees and plans for the future?
Stijn Vos- Together with our fulltime 250 employees ESDEC is currently active around the globe in more than 20 countries. ESDEC has a market share of 60% in the US and 40% in Europe. Since ESDEC was founded in 2004, over 7 GWP of Modules Mounting Systems for both flat and sloping roofs have been installed by the firm. By entering the Indian market, we want to contribute to providing the most comprehensive portfolio of rooftop solar systems and components.
- As price sensitive market, do you have offerings that you believe can compete effectively in the market? Or will you be looking to market ESDEC solutions to a smaller, targeted user segments?
Stijn Vos- Our Flatfix Fuusion has a huge demand and interest, it is a quick, fast and reliable yet cost effective mounting system for the Indian market. ESDEC offers mounting systems for all roof types which are quick and easy to install with a minimum number of components. ESDEC focuses on a total cost of ownership proposition which includes:
- Cost of Material
- Supplies cost and weight of ballast
- Installation time
- Cost of Cable management
- Material transportation and handling cost
- Availability of the materials
- 20 Years warranty
With these propositions our products are highly competitive.